Friday, September 24, 2010

GETTING CLEANED UP...

We try to give David freedom to make some of his own choices.  One of the choices he gets every morning is whether or not I will shave him.  I realized on Wednesday how "normal" David is when he asked me to shave him, because David only wants me to shave him on Sundays and Wednesdays which happen to be the days we go to church.  David understands and knows that he is supposed to be clean and neat for the church services.  It doesn't matter how the people in his normal routine of daily life see David, but he wants everything to look just right when he gets to church.

How often do I go to church with everything looking just right on the outside, but I haven't cleaned up the inside.  I go to the services with my heart full of self and pride and the mistaken belief that I'm okay.   Maybe I've not been a submissive wife, or maybe I've not done something I knew God wanted me to do, but because I look "cleaned up" one the outside everyone thinks that all is okay between me and God.  My heart knows the difference, but I still put up the facade of spirituality and righteousness. 

I'm working to pursue God more and more.  One of the things that I am working on is the inside of me - my heart.  I want my heart to be as clean and "just right" with God as the outside looks.  I don't just want to clean up for Sundays and Wednesdays, I want to clean up for every hour of every day.  God deserves my whole heart and I want it clean for Him.

No comments: