Thursday, May 15, 2008

If It Quacks Like A Duck...

WARNING: This blog is not intended to be read by those who are easily offended by inappropriateness!!!

Last night during church, I had to take David to the bathroom. As we were walking down the aisle toward the doors, David started "quacking." (In our home, whenever David farts as he is walking we call it "quacking" because with every step he "quacks!") Back to the story... As we were walking down the aisle I wanted to disappear because David quacks so loudly. When we hit the hallway David started burping. I guess he saw no need to limit his noise to only one portion of his body... Throughout the rest of the evening, David was quacking and burping. Pretty humiliating for me around a group of people, but David didn't have a problem with it. It's a natural part of who he is.

As I thought about this, I realized that we should live our Christian life with the same comfort level. If we are Christians, we shouldn't have any trouble dressing like a Christian when we go out into the world... it's a natural part of who we are in Christ. We shouldn't have any trouble speaking the words that show we are a Christian... it's a natural part of who we are. When people look at me and watch my life, can they tell I am a Christian or am I just another person with some weird hang-ups?

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." I Corinthians 5:17

3 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Ok you made me laugh today!! What a good analogy of our Christian lives! Thanks for the reminder.

Becky said...

We need to remind us of this all the time:)! Ella Quacks a lot too:)! Ha hA

Anonymous said...

This one is a Ha-Ha, and a
Amen!!!
To live our lives as Christ
wants us to live...sometimes
that is Easy to say, But Hard
to do!!!

God Bless You!!!