Saturday, May 31, 2008

Am I Looking For Him?

Last night, Rich and I were able to go out to a friend's house for the evening. We arranged for David to be cared for at home while we were gone. As is usually the case, after we left the house, David repeatedly walked out the front door and to the driveway looking for us. We were gone for about five hours, and David kept looking for us to come home.

Was David looking for us because he needs us, because he misses us, or because he felt like things weren't quite right without us? I'm not sure, but he was looking for us.

Early this morning I was reading my Bible and I realized that just like David looks for us when we're gone, I should be looking for Jesus to come back. I should look for Him because I need Him in my life; He is my strength. I should look for Him because I miss Him; how often I've thought about the joy of looking into His face and seeing the One to whom I have prayed and talked so many times. I should look for Him because life just isn't right without Him involved in everything I do.

Revelation 22:20 "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

3 comments:

Becky said...

Great Thought!! I need to do this more! I loooooove those dresses!! Exactly what I love to put her in for the summer:)!! Today she is wearing "Aunt" Noel's dress:) Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy M. said...

You see "God" in so many things in everyday life! I can tell in your writings! Very good truth!

Anonymous said...

Noel,
Isn't amazing that no matter how old a handicapped person is they
always need you? My son Paul does so well some days, and others he is off in left field somewhere.
But they need us, and that is a
GOOD feeling! One of the most reassuring thoughts that I have about Paul is that ONE DAY he will
normal!!! When he goes to Heaven
he will be able to Understand and
Talk! That will be a GREAT DAY!!!

God Bless You,
Rachelle