Sunday, May 19, 2013

CORNERED!!!

David does not like having his face washed.  He will contort his body and  turn his head and back away from me whenever I try to wash his face.  Some days he is adament that he does not want his face washed and he will do whatever he can to keep it from happening.  On those days, I normally try to let him contort himself into a corner.  Once he's in a corner and has no place left to go, I am able to clean his face and we can go on about our day. 

The Bible tells us in Hebrews 12:6 - "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."  When we have sin in our lives, if we are God's child, He will chasten us.  Maybe not immediately - because God's timetable isn't the same as ours; but, He will chasten us.

In my own life, I have learned that it is much better to go to God when I have sinned and confess and take what's coming.  When I refuse to admit my sins and I keep pretending that there isn't a problem, God always gets me "cornered" and forces me to deal with the problem.  Life is so much better if we just allow the cleaning without all the emotional drama and fighting.  David may never learn this lesson, but I hope I do...


No comments: