Monday, May 9, 2011

LET'S GIVE SOME CREDIT...

Rich is a BIG FAN of old TV westerns.  The other day, Rich was watching an episode of Wagon Train from 1959.  David came out of his room just as the show ended and the show credits started rolling.  David stopped in front of the TV and just stood there fascinated.  He didn't move until the last credit had scrolled by.  He does the same thing with his old cartoons, or anytime credits scroll down the screen.

I'm not sure why David is so fascinated with watching credits, but let me tell you how his behaviour has provoked my spirit...

I have no idea what it takes to put together a TV show, or any major production.  I do know it takes scores of people doing so many things that I will never realize.  The only acknowledgement those people receive is to have their names run across the screen so quickly you can't hardly read it. 

Each of us have scores of people who have made investments in our lives.  Some people - maybe dad and mom - have starring roles and receive prime "billing" in our lives.  We tell stories of the things they have done or said that made a difference.  Some people are primary characters in our lives and receive acknowledgement at times.  But there are scores of people who have played a role in making us who we are.  There are Sunday school teachers, school teachers, friends, parents of friends, and so many others who are important to our life story but are never really acknowledged by us.  These would be the people whose names are listed at the end of the show.

I would love to say that I remember every person who has made a difference in my life, but I can't.  I would love to say that I could recount every moment of my life and tell you how a particular interaction helped make me who I am today, but I can't.  Our God knows all of the details that I can't remember.  Someday, our God will give credit to all the people who deserve it, and I'm looking forward to that day.

In the meantime, I am trying to be attentive to the people who are cast members in my life.  Each person has a vital role in my life's story and I am thankful for the part they play in making me who I am!

No comments: