Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ON OUR BEST BEHAVIOR!

As I've frequently mentioned, David loves to travel.  For some reason he is enamored with hotel rooms.  Later this week we are taking a small trip down to Tennessee where Rich has family.  David knows we are going (he will repeatedly pick up the hotel confirmation I have printed and laugh), and has been on his best behavior.  He's behaving so well because he knows if he's been good, the trip will be much more rewarding and enjoyable for him.  When he behaves, we will reward and let him pick out a cartoon DVD at Cracker Barrell or let him get a bag of chips at a gas station when we stop to fuel.  When he has been misbehaving, we do not reward his bad behavior and he isn't allowed any special treats.

As Christians, we are on a trip to Heaven.  We should be on our best behavior because there will be rewards for us if we do what we are supposed to do.  Our Heavenly Father is building a home for us, and I like to think that we can get upgrades to our heavenly home by how we behave on our trip home.  I want to reach my final destination and have lots of goodies to experience at the ultimate vacation spot.  So today, I am trying to be on my best behavior - how about you?

No comments: