Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'M NEVER ALONE!!!!

Anyone who has ever lived with toddlers will understand feeling like the kids are always "right there."  You can't do anything or go anywhere without someone following you.  I get those same feelings with David. 

For the last two and a half months, I have been pretty sick.  During some of that time, David was pretty sick too.  Normally, when David is sick, he wants to be left alone.  He goes to his room, closes his door and sleeps his way to wellness (doesn't that sound wonderful?).  This time, however, he wanted to be close to me.  So, while I was sitting on the couch covered up feeling miserable, he would come sit next to me, put his head on my shoulder and fall asleep.  Sounds sweet, doesn't it?  Well, since I was sick, sweet wasn't the word I would have used...

David's feeling much better, and I am getting better, but am not 100% yet.  Yesterday was President's Day and David was home from the workshop.  Because we leave this week for our vacation David was very interested in EVERYTHING I was doing.  He didn't want to miss a thing.  So, from about 10 in the morning until about 6 last night, I had David within one foot of me the whole time.  When I would go to the bathroom I would have to yell at him to leave and then he would stand right outside our bedroom door.  Those few precious moments of alone time were soon wasted when the dog came into the bathroom and sat down next to me.  Then the cat walked in and started circling my legs.  I can't even be alone in the bathroom!!!  Oh, for just a few minutes of privacy!!!

Today, David went back to work.  I've been "alone" some, but really, there is absolutely nothing I can do to ever be alone again.  Since I have trusted Christ as my Saviour, I have Him living in my heart.  I will never be alone - I may feel alone, forsaken, abandoned, and even betrayed by those closest to me, but I am not alone.  The Best Friend in the whole world is always with me.  So, while I may want some private time, I'm very glad that I will never be alone. 

Are you lonely today?  Ask Jesus to come into your heart - you'll never be alone again!

1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

Great words! I am so glad your getting better...Your life of giving doesnt go un noticed!
lv-nancy