Tuesday, October 19, 2010

NATURAL INSTINCTS

This morning I was helping David get dressed, as I do every morning.  As David was putting his underwear on he became unsteady and instinctively reached out for my shoulder to steady himself.  After he steadied himself he finished putting his underwear on, then the rest of his clothes and was ready to start his day.  David reached for me when he was unsteady because he knew that I wouldn't let him fall and that I am always there to help him.

As I thought about that I was very convicted...  When I become unsteady in my Christian life instead of instinctively reaching out for Christ, I reach out for my spouse, or a friend.  Why do I do that?  Probably because my heart isn't as in tune with Christ as it should be so I look for a voice I can hear and a touch I can physically feel.  I need to work on making Christ so real in my life that I can hear Him as He offers me comfort and I can feel His presence as He stands by my side. 

So, each time David uses reaches out to me to steady himself, it will be another reminder that I need to reach out to Christ and no one else!

1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

Great reminder and words to think on...
lv-nancy