Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's Been Awhile...

It's been several months since I have posted anything - not because there has been no excitement, but because there's always so much going on in our household!


David was recently moved to a new line at his workshop and he seems to be adjusting well. Prior to this move, we were dealing with a lot of behaviors with David. The old work line had great staff, but not enough work to keep David busy and out of trouble. His new line also has great staff, but they also have work and activities to keep David busy.


This got me to thinking about my life - I seem to do better when I'm busy. If I have too much free time on my hands I get lazy and restless, and I'm more likely to do things to get me into trouble. When my schedule is full I accomplish more which is good for my ego. I have no doubt God created mankind to work - not just because He had nothing better for us to do, but because He knew we would need the sense of accomplishment that comes from being busy doing things we ought to do. Our God is very smart, and I'm glad I know Him!

No comments: