Tuesday, June 28, 2011

HE'S JUST TRYING TO HELP...

As mentioned in previous posts, David is our laundry police. For whatever reason he can not tolerate it when the laundry isn't done every day. One of David's work responsibilities each morning is to take the laundry basket from the bedroom to the laundry room. In our laundry room, I normally place the clothes that need to go to the dry cleaners folded in a corner of my counter space. Every Monday morning, after bringing the laundry basket to the laundry room, David pulls out anything he THINKS should be dry cleaned and throws it into the corner. His "help" wouldn't be so bad if he only pulled out the things that really do need to go to the cleaners. But he often just grabs a handful of stuff - dress shirt (good), undershirt (not good), one sock (not good), handkerchief (not good) and sometimes even a pajama top or bottom! Since I'm not known for being a morning person, I don't always check the corner when I start my load of laundry for the day. Then later on as I'm folding the clothes, I realize I'm missing __________. Sure enough, it's in my dry cleaning corner.

David's assistance with the laundry does not always help me. I wonder if God looks at us trying to manipulate our lives and circumstances to what we think is best and we interfere with His planning. Our God is a loving God, so I would imagine He says with compassion, "They are just trying to help." But our help isn't really help at all.

In my own life I need to stop trying to figure everything out and I need to trust. Of course, it seems easier to "work" than it is to trust, but God expects and deserves my trust. Today, I am going to try to trust Him more than yesterday and realize that He does not need my help!